Car Service Statistics
Car Service statistics by a leading technical vehicle data provider Autodata
Show Toyota Hilux was the most common vehicle taken into workshops throughout Australasia during 2016, closely followed by the Nissan Navara D40, with Holden Commodore VE in third place.
But don’t take this out of context. Without measuring this finding against the numbers of each vehicle on the roads, no conclusions about vehicle performance can be reliably reached.
The Commodore was the only saloon car to make it into the top five most serviced vehicles in 2016.
Leading aftermarket data provider Autodata tracks the service numbers each year and lists the top ten most serviced vehicles:
Autodata’s list of the top 10 most serviced vehicles in 2016
- 1. Toyota Hilux (2005-2015)
- 2. Nissan Navara D40 (2005-2015)
- 3. Holden Commodore VE (2006-2010)
- 4. Mitsubishi Triton MN (2009-2015)
- 5. Ford Ranger PJ/PK (2007-2011)
- 6. Toyota Landcruiser 100 Series (1998-2007)
- 7. Holden Commodore VZ (2004-2006)
- 8. Holden Astra TS (1998-2004)
- 9. Holden Captiva CG (2006-2011)
- 10. Nissan Navara D22 (1997-2014)
Highlighting the relevance of context in statistics, Autodata notes thaToyota first began production of their popular utes in 1968. Today, there are more than 880,000 Toyota Hilux utes on Australian and New Zealand roads.